HIGHHANBAT

미래가치를 창출하는 글로컬 산학일체 혁신대학

Campus News

게시물 검색
Hanbat University Daycare Center, a Place with Endless Laughter 이미지
Hanbat University Daycare Center, a Place with Endless Laughter
  • 작성자HANBAT HERALD
  • 조회수277
  • Hanbat University Daycare Center,a Place with Endless LaughterBy Lee Jun-Hyeong Cub Reporter, Junior of Chemical and Biological EngineeringThe HBNU Daycare Center has opened. It is located just across from the main entrance of HBNU. Construction startedon April 8, 2019 and the building opened on March 2, 2020. HBNUs unique color and design are featured on the exterior of the daycare center.The interior of the daycare center is a combination of wood and green colors. This makes children feel a sense of psychological stability. Also, there is a large enough space for children to run around. There are four classrooms and there are seven teachers in total. Currently, nine children go to the daycare center. (As of May 21, 2020) Since the daycare center was built for the welfare of HBNU faculty members and students, it is their children who can attend (and it is not open to the general public). The center offers a child care program for children from the ages of 1 to 5, and childcare hours are from 7:30 to 19:30. Several programs are available, a Vegetable garden program, a Cooking class program, and a Community linkage program for the children to have a range of educational experiences.The daycare center is run by a team of bright teachers as part of the national university and has well-organized facilities, an enriching environment, and a well-decorated playground.From now on, the daycare center will be a place for children to make friends and to run around together to experience many things. At the same time, faculty and students working at HBNU will feel happy to know their children are in a fun and exciting place near the campus. Lets all send a lot of love and support to our new daycare center.
  • 등록일2020-10-05 14:41:45
The Positive Aspect of the C+U200 System and the Programs to Get Units
  • 작성자HANBAT HERALD
  • 조회수6
  • The Positive Aspect of the C+U200 System and the Programs to Get UnitsBy Kim Ji-su Cub Reporter, Sophomore of Japanese DepartmentYou may have heard of the C+U200 System, which has been in effect for undergraduate students since 2019. The C+U200 System has been implemented as a graduation requirement. It features 130 credits of regular curriculum instruction and 70 units of elective courses.Let's look at the opportunity the implementation of this system offers. The regular curriculum instruction involves passing exams in order to receive grades, but the elective course credits are based on student attendance. Since HBNU introduced this system as a graduation requirement, students will study their major but also have a chance to open their minds to new courses they can freely choose.This system helps students do ​​elective courses which include self-development activities, including learning clubs, reading books other than for their major, volunteering, language acquisition, and certifications. This allows students to learn from different areas of the curriculum. In addition, the participation rate in university activities has also increased. By supplementing the elective courses that were lacking in the regular curriculum instruction, the opportunity for students to learn is improved.Let's briefly discuss some programs that offer students a chance to get a unit score.First, the Elective Course Program for Liberal Arts will be operated from September to November in the second semester of 2020. This program is operated by the Institute of Basic Convergence Education Center and allows you to learn foreign languages, such as English and Japanese, ​​in a more fun way. In addition, you can learn about other areas that may be of interest to you, such as Photo Storytelling and World Culture Tours. You can develop new skills and also receive unit scores, so it can be seen as killing two birds with one stone.Secondly, there is a remarkable gender awareness program for female university students. The program is run by the University Job Headquarters during the second semester. This lecture not only strengthens gender awareness, but it focuses on the career development of female college students. The lecture also explains how graduating students can look for women-friendly companies. In addition, participants can discuss various issues during a Question & Answer period.Third is the TOEIC 1-year regular class which is held at the International Exchange Center every year. It is divided into two levels according to English ability. The biggest advantage of this course is excellent students can receive scholarships or have the opportunity to participate in overseas programs. Also, TOEIC is an essential element of employment, so don't miss this great opportunity.In addition to these three programs, various programs are available to obtain unit scores. TheC+U200 System goes beyond graduation requirements to further help students develop a wide range of skills that can last a lifetime. We hope students will participate more in university programs that build both their intelligence and interests.
  • 등록일2020-10-05 14:40:16
A Disappointing First Semester because of COVID-19, What Do Students Want?
  • 작성자HANBAT HERALD
  • 조회수6
  • A Disappointing First Semester because of COVID-19, What Do Students Want?By Oh Tae-ho Cub Reporter, Freshman of Electronic Control EngineeringThis year, COVID-19 changed the daily lives ofpeople around the world. Because of this, HBNU decided the first semester would have non-face-to-face lectures and most events were canceled or delayed.The main event that was canceled was the freshman25, 2020 was replaced with a non-face-to-face event in April as part of the universitys continued efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19.As we all have had to adjust to these changes, we wondered, for freshmen, whose expectations and romantic ideas about university life have changed to sadness and disappointment, what do these students want?To find out, a survey was conducted on 42 students, including 2020 Freshman, on May 45. When asked, Please select events that you do not want canceled because of COVID-19. (You may choose more than one.), 83.3 percent (35 people) said Festival, 54.8 percent (23 people) said MT, 38.1 percent (16 people) said Sports Day, 28.6 percent (12 people) said Freshman Welcome Party, 19 percent (8 people) said Senior-Junior meeting, and 7.1 percent (3 people) said Anniversary events. Based on the percentage of respondents, most students seem to want to enjoy their university life through big events such as Festival and MT even if its late. Also, one student who answered the survey explained his disappointment this way, I couldnt spend my time worthily because of the first semesters non-face-to-face lectures. I want to enjoy every event in the future after this COVID-19 situation.
  • 등록일2020-10-05 14:36:41
Wise University Life 이미지
Wise University Life
  • 작성자남궁혜진 기자
  • 조회수1069
  • Wise University LifeBy Ku Reum Cup Reporter, Freshman of Japanese DepartmentIn university, playing is important, but grades and having a lot of experiences are also important. However, freshmen have problems about how to study at university and what experiences they should have. Therefore, the Hanbat Herald offers some tips through interviews with our seniors.Yang Jeong-ha (Senior of Business Administration)Tips on managing extracurricular activitiesQ. Please tell me how you spent your university life.When I entered university, I thought a university was a place to make myself rather than just a place to get a job. So, I have been doing a lot of activities since I was a freshman. I listened to a lot of special lectures, because I thought I knew as much as what I saw, so I listened to many special lectures, regardless of the field.Q. What was the most impressive activity?The Special Lecture of Interview with a flight attendant at Chungnam National University was the most impressive. The instructor said Company representatives ask you about your values in the interview. I think it is because they see the depth of thought and the judgement of yourself. While I listened to the special lecture, I realized once again how important it is to have my own philosophy, values, and motto. It was a time to realize I needed to know since I was in university.Q. On the other hand, what activity do you regret?I have no regretful activity, but there was a difficult activity since I did not prepare in advance. Once, when I went to an event, I was bored because I did not know why the event was held. So, I have thought about how I could have prepared better for that event since that day.Q. Why are you doing various activities?I consider a university a place to develop a mature mind and values as well as managing grades. However, after I experienced my university life, I realized I could not develop by just studying and doing the homework given. So, I did many activities for myself.Also, I developed ways to think through various activities. No matter how many good activities I do, if there is no inspiration, it does not mean anything. Although they were trivial activities, I felt good when there was a little bit of inspiration. I have been doing a lot of activities since I learned this.Q. What do you think freshmen have to do during university life?I think it is important to think of yourself, such as what kind of person do I want to be and what kind of life will I live? There is a moment when you need to think about how to live your life. When you have some confusion, the prepared person knows this direction right away. I think taking a serious look at yourself is something freshmen have to do during university life.Q. What are your goals?I think about what kind of person I want to be rather than professional goals. A rough diamond was just a block of stone, until I saw how a diamond was made. However, it was a shock to me when the stone was cut, trimmed, and made into a diamond. I felt no matter how capable I am, if I do not develop of myself, it does not mean anything. There are a lot of brands, but each brand has a different value. I want to be a person who can increase the value of my name.Q. Please say something to our freshmen.I want to tell you to think about yourself just once. If it is hard to experience activities, I recommend watching self-development videos. You have to think about the videos instead of just watching the videos. Also, I hope you practice your thoughts after you watch the videos. You can feel your thoughts broaden as these stack up.Gi Myeong-seok (Senior of Japanese department)Tips on managing gradesQ. Please tell me how you spent your university life.I entered university after I went to the army. I have tried hard not to regret this, because I thought I was later than others. When I was a freshman, I starred in a department play, and won a participation prize in the university speech contest. When I was a sophomore, I completed a course in education. When I was a junior, I attended a university in Japan on an exchange scholarship to improve my Japanese. Also, I won the grand prize in the university speech contest. As a result of these efforts, I got an average of 4.42 credits and went to university with six full scholarships during the eight semesters.Q. Do you have a reason you studied hard?When I entered the Japanese department, I did not know Japanese. However, my motto is If you try hard, there is nothing impossible. I wanted to show people who dont know that, like me, they can do anything if they try. Moreover, I want to advise juniors they can do it when they are having a hard time. So, I have always studied harder.Q. Please tell me how to manage grades.I think class is the most important. Because the classes are organized into curriculums suitable for each grade, if you study from first-grade step by step, you can follow the class. When I was having a hard time in classes, I found an interesting part in each subject. Also, I tried to enjoy studying by being in the place I wanted to be or at the time I wanted to.It is important to get good grades, but I hope you are not clinging to grades. You need time to think about the reason you want to get good grades. I was so absorbed by grades that my life was not balanced. I think you can learn a good lesson by experiencing a lot of activities.Q. What do you think freshmen have to do during university life?It is important to take the time to find yourself. If you go through many things, you can meet a new side of yourself. Through this, I hope you know what you like and do it like crazy.Q. What are your goals?I want to find a rewarding job. My goal is to find a job that I can work with a smile.Q. Please say something to freshmen.I hope you can experience a lot of things in the four long years. Also, I hope you grow up to be a person who can take responsibility for your choices during university.Park Hyeon-su (Junior of English LanguageTips on managing gradesQ. Please tell me how you spent your university life.I am majoring in English Language If you do not walk today, you will have to run tomorrow.Q. Please tell me how to manage grades.You should take notes of the lecture carefully and make it your own like a high school class. When you think of a lecture keyword, you should be able to write everything about it on paper. Then you can get good grades.Q. What do you think freshmen have to do during university life?I think it would be nice to join a club with good seniors. Where there are good seniors and friends creates a good synergy effect. I hope you can form a community to help you by meeting good people in university.Q. What are your goals?I want to work as an expert in my career. I hope to live as an expert leading others confidently.Q. Please say something to freshmen.I hope you enjoy your university life after graduating from high school. Moreover, you have to do your best to study for your dream. Play hard and study hard!
  • 등록일2020-03-20 18:41:22
What are Hanbat Supporters? Why I Wanted to be a Hanbat Supporter
  • 작성자남궁혜진 기자
  • 조회수1092
  • What are Hanbat Supporters? Why I Wanted to be a Hanbat SupporterBy Lim Beop-gyu Guest Reporter, Sophomore of Building and Plant EngineeringHave you ever heard about Hanbat Supporters? Hanbat Supporters is a group that I participated in that was as hard as study in campus life. But, I think our work is not well known to those who study at HBNU. Maybe some students have heard of or seen Hanbat Supporters, but they may not know about our specific work. So, I wanted to write about Hanbat Supporters. I was selected to join Hanbat Supporters on June 19, 2019. Hanbat Supporters help high school students with good ideas and a dream they want to achieve to apply for HBNU by talking about Hanbats department majors and college life, even visiting students living in rural areas. The program promotes our university. We make a schedule to visit each of our high schools to promote HBNU and encourage applications for college by Susi Admission. I went to Cheongju in Chungcheongbuk-do on August 17 because I graduated from high school in Cheongju. I practiced to talk about the advantages of the University in front of many students. I was happy to think that I would meet the seniors from my old high school, having thought that my visit would encourage them to enter HBNU. I hoped that many high school students would enter our university. Thinking that students would be having difficulty studying for the admission test, I brought them some ice cream. When I entered the classroom to explain our university, there were few students. Actually, I expected 30 or more students to participate in this event, but there were only 10 people, so I was embarrassed. But, even if it was below expectations, Im a Hanbat Supporter and my duty is to do my best in order to promote our university. I started to explain the history, policies, scholarships, and departments of HBNU. I explained that HBNU had been established in 1927, before Korea became independent from Japan in 1945. Over the years, HBNU has established many policies to develop the college. It has also helped students in high school and middle school through a school support project program and Do-dream activities. After I finished talking about the advantages of HBNU, we had a Qs story through Hanbat Supporters enter HBNU.P.S. If you want to join Hanbat Supporters, applications for the next group will be accepted in May 2020. The application includes a self-introduction letter that is submitted to the Admissions Office in S0 building room 505. More information will be available on the Hanbat University website. We are always looking for nice students who have great dreams and will help the next generation enter HBNU.
  • 등록일2020-03-20 18:40:50
Traveling with Books
  • 작성자남궁혜진 기자
  • 조회수1054
  • Traveling with BooksBy Kim Ji-hun Reporter, Junior of English Language and LiteratureHBNUs Library Center holds a regular reading gathering at the library every year called Happy Reading Trip. It started in an attempt to expand a pleasant reading culture by reading together and sharing appreciation. Twenty-five participants can receive books, some recommended by the librarians and others they select for themselves. In addition, after reading, they can have the useful experience of broadening their horizons of thought through the free discussion sessions in which they exchange reviews with each other. There is no fee, and all participants are given free books and opportunities for a cultural trip during the summer vacation.Last year, starting on May 2nd, regular meetings were held every two weeks. Participants had to submit summary notes about the books before the meeting, and they were able to talk to other participants based on these notes. This book club has an atmosphere for comfortable conversation about books making them like conversations with close friends. Snacks and drinks are provided free of charge at each meeting, and open discussion is encouraged. The gathering doesnt end at the reading. It is possible to have a broad conversation that extends to other books, movies, and music without any restrictions. In addition to the regular meetings, a group study room in the library can be used for gatherings. Anyone can make a meeting if the date and time are reserved, regardless of the number of people. One of the advantages of the reading program is that it allows extensive reading of essays, novels, and poetry. If you are a student who only reads one kind of writing, it will be a good opportunity for you to form a more balanced reading habit.In July last year, a cultural tour was held in Jeonju as part of the program for the 3rd Happy Reading Tour. The 20 students toured various cultural and tourist attractions, including the Choi Myung-hee Literature Museum in Jeonju, and they were given various opportunities to experience literature closely. The cultural tour presented more interest by offering experiences of the traditional local culture, such as enjoying local food, making hanji, and rubbing and metal type-making. Choi Mi-young, a teacher in charge of the gathering, said, "I felt rewarded when I saw students who were enjoying the program. I would like to thank all my friends for their courage, for their new experience, and for their hard work in every moment. I hope this opportunity will remain a meaningful and precious memory for everyone."The reading program was first implemented in 2017. It has been conducted once a year and finished its third set of activities last year. Meet in spring, break up in fall. By winter, your expanded reading habits will be second nature to you. If you want to read books from various fields with your friends, why not take part in the next Happy Reading Trip?
  • 등록일2020-03-20 18:39:49
The Way for Life, CPR  HBNU’s  Health Center Starts Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training 이미지
The Way for Life, CPR HBNU’s Health Center Starts Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training
  • 작성자남궁혜진 기자
  • 조회수1014
  • The Way for Life, CPRHBNUsHealth Center Starts Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) TrainingBy Gi Myeong-seok Cub Reporter, senior of JapaneseHBNU decided to offer Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training via the schools health center starting from 2019. The reason is that every year, the death toll of sudden cardiac arrest is five times higher than that from traffic accidents. CPR Training is increasingly necessary, but educational opportunities for this life-saving skill are insufficient. So, HBNU has started to provide CPR training to the schools students and local residents.CPR training is conducted for 100 minutes by lecture and practice under the guidance of a professional instructor. Training content includes checking responsiveness, chest compressions, how to use the AED, and rescue breaths. To help participants practice, they can use a CPR training mannequin to simulate realistic situations, and they also watch video lectures. There will be lectures twice a month and between 12 and 18 students will be accepted each time.Those who complete the training can get an education certificate issued by the Korean Association of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (KACPR). There is a fee for the issuing of training certificates. And, students, can also get a university credit.The university also held a CPR contest on campus at the end of December. Those who completed this training were eligible to demonstrate their CPR skills, and a review was conducted to verify the proper execution of CPR in an emergency with several people earning awards.Kim Eun-soo, Nursing Director of HBNUs medical center said, CPR should be a basic skill for everyone. Sudden cardiac arrest has been occurring more frequently and it could happen to anyone anywhere. All people should be prepared in advance. It's very unfortunate that in our daily lives if a heart attack happens, you wouldnt be able to help because you don't know what to do. So, HBNU has focused on offering a CPR class to provide educational opportunities that could save a life.
  • 등록일2020-03-20 18:39:20
Blooming Flowers with Effort: Interview with the Winners of the Bank of Korea Monetary Competition 이미지
Blooming Flowers with Effort: Interview with the Winners of the Bank of Korea Monetary Competition
  • 작성자남궁혜진 기자
  • 조회수1031
  • Blooming Flowers with Effort: Interview with the Winners of the Bank of Korea Monetary CompetitionBy Kim Hyeong-jin Reporter, Senior of EconomicsEveryone tries to achieve their dream. HBNU students also endeavor for their own dreams. Four students reached for their dreams, under the name team Gol.D bear. Shin Jae-min, Jung Eui-soon, Yeon Ju-hee, and Kim One-young participated in the Bank of Korea Monetary Competition which was hosted by the Bank of Korea. They ranked 1st of 8 teams in the Daejeon-Chungcheong region and 3rd of 99 teams in the finals. Readers can get the advice and learn from their example through their interview.Q. Why did you participate in this competition?S- This competition is held by the Bank of Korea every year. We developed our economics knowledge for this competition. Also, if we got a prize through the competition, we knew it would help to get a job in the field of banking.J- Students who participate in the competition can come to understand the current economys flow. I wanted to know how to establish monetary policy by participating in it.Y- The Korea Monetary Competition wants a more diverse direction of monetary policy. I showed my economic knowledge off to my friends and family through it.K- The competition helped my abilities. I was certain that the monetary competition would improve my economics ability. Also, my friends said it would help enlarge my knowledge of economics.Q. What was the most important thing during this competition?S- During the first 3 months, we paid attention searching the direction of macroeconomics. We tried to understand the domestic economic trend by studying international trends and studied diverse economic theories. After 3 months passed, we summarized our organized data and practiced our speech-making skills.J- I concentrated on the economic theory because my basic economic knowledge was strong, but I wanted to build it up.Y- I presented the real economy part. I need to understand economic terms, like inflation and an economic index, etc. So, I analyzed the market situation by looking through many financial newspapers and various sources of public information. At that time, it was hard to check the changing economic index.K- In this competition, the judges placed a priority on consistent logic in the participants arguments, so I prepared the reasonable basis in our argument.Q. What do you want to say about attending a diverse competition and getting an excellent result?S- If you want to win a competition, you have to invest your time. If you think to yourself, I dont have time to prepare for the competition, that is just your excuse. You should try as much as you can.J- The Bank of Korea Monetary Competition was harder than I thought. At the beginning, I thought it was easy because my classmates got a good ranking before. However, when I attended this competition, my classmates tried hard to achieve their goal. When it was over, I realized that the more time I spent, the closer I would get to my goal.Y- If you participate in something, you have to consider, Can I sacrifice other things? As I like to hang out with my friends, it was so hard to invest my time in this. At the time, I thought about what I really wanted. When you sacrifice time and temporary enjoyment, you will achieve the better result you want.Also, teamwork is the most important thing. You can have conflict with your companions if you are tired and irritated when you work without progress. Thats the time you have to believe in your companions and unite with them.K- Everything was like a marathon. You will burn out as you proceed, but you should keep going on to your goal with your companions.Q. Do you have anything else to say?S- I really appreciated my companions on the team Gol.D Bear during the competition, it reminded me of high school life. We met on early mornings and shared a lot of good and bad times. It was a very difficult time, but I have very fond memories of it.J- I had a complex about the university. But, that feeling was just an obstacle to me that I overcame through the competition experience. We earned 1st place in the Daejeon-Chungcheong region and 3rd in the finals. Accept your challenges, then you will feel the exhilaration of victory.Y- It is important for life to consist of challenges with a plan. You have to break the eggshell and go out into the world. Do it yourself and the plan will make your challenge more perfect.K- The freshmen of HBNU should participate in diverse programs. Their efforts will make them more powerful than before. I am really rooting for all HBNU students and pray for good news for them.
  • 등록일2020-03-20 18:38:50
It’s Time to Go into a Field
  • 작성자남궁혜진 기자
  • 조회수1074
  • Its Time to Go into a FieldBy Im Jeong Rak Cub Reporter, Senior of Industrial Management EngineeringIntroducing HBNU’s internship programHBNU supports each student to enhance their capabilities through various activities, such as Job-seeking support and the LINC+ (Leaders in Industry-university Cooperation) program. Students can improve their capabilities through those programs. The Internship Program is one of the programs frequented by junior students. This program provides on-site practical education beyond textbooks. The internship program aims to cultivate students abilities and to enhance on-the-job skills by allowing students to experience their major field as an intern. The best advantage of the internship program is students can develop their own ability by applying their major directly on-site.There are two types of internship programs.Intern during vacationIntern during term- Internship period : summer or winter vacation- Internship duration : 4 ~ 8 weeks- Credit recognition : under 5 credits- Internship period : first, second semester- Internship duration : 4~15 weeks- Credit recognition : 3~15 class creditsBased on a matching system, students can choose a company where they want to work. Students have to upload their resume and cover letter on an Integrated university information system and submit the required documents to the Internship Center. For more information, check the placement site of HBNU and click the Information about placement menu icon at the top of the page or scan the QR code at the top of this article.My Experience as an InternHow can I make the upcoming vacation more meaningful? Studying TOEIC or getting another qualification is too basic.' The vacation between the junior and senior year is supposed to be the most important time for students. Therefore, I wanted to spend the vacation more effectively compared to other vacations.I am majoring in Industrial Management Engineering and minoring in a big data analyst training course. I have been taking the big data curriculum for two years, but with an education focused only on the textbook and assignments. This could not solve my curiosity about the data analyst field as a student. Then, my professor suggested the internship program, and I was confident that it would solve my lack of on-site experience.During the summer vacation, from June 24 to August 19, I worked for eight weeks in the Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information (KISTI). KISTI has been contributing to the development of Koreas science and technology industry through world-class supercomputing, global cooperative ultra-high-speed research networks, and the largest information arsenal for science and technology in Korea with over 100 million units. I worked at the Supercomputing Modeling & Simulation Center in KISTI. In the center, a large amount of accumulated data is analyzed by a supercomputer in a virtual environment and it predicts the future through simulation results. For me, as I want to be a data scientist, it was the best opportunity to improve my industry skills. For example, learning how the collected data is used in combination with other fields.There are lessons that can only be learned through internship. First, hands-on experience is the best teacher. By applying theories directly to practice, they will remain in your memory for a long time. Second, students will develop problem-solving skills. At the worksite, there are many potential hazards. Workers may be faced with unexpected situations, and if workers do not deal with these big and small issues proficiently, it can cause serious problems. Not all methods of dealing with worksite problems are stated in textbooks. The only way that we can improve these abilities is by working in actual practice. As an intern, we may experience these kinds of problems and learn how to deal with potential hazards from senior members. Solving problems directly in an actual worksite is the fastest way to enhance our problem solving skills. Finally, we can get the advice of experts in the field. Not just by simply learning about work, moreover the worksite mentor can give us greater motivation. A worksite mentor may also be concerned about your life-related questions, such as the direction of your future career. All of this was very helpful to me as I am graduating next year.At the end of the summer internship program, I greeted a new semester. This new experience gave me motivation and inspired me. I worked with the researchers who develop Korean science and technology. In addition, the senior researcher I worked with gave me enlightenment that could not be learned in textbooks, which became a driving force behind my remaining college life. Everything I learned in KISTI in those eight weeks will be remembered for a long time as a valuable experience of my university life.
  • 등록일2020-03-20 18:36:31